Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's been too long of a week to think of a clever title.

I've been playing with my adobe some more. I took some pictures of the flowers in my grandfather's yard over Thanksgiving. After living away from the south for 9 years (seriously, has it been that long???), I had forgotten that late November could still have some color to it. Everything is barren and desolate in Northern MO by the middle of November, so I loved all the beautiful flowers he had in his backyard. I especially loved this rose I found hiding behind the exceptionally large wood pile. (expecting a cold winter, you southern fried weather wimps?)

I decided to play with this picture first before messing with the zillion others I took.


original




sandstone texture



canvas texture




color fade with marbled glass

Look at me! I sound like I know what I'm talking about. Oh well, it's fun anyway. If I could just figure out how to make edges around it, like to make it look like a postcard or something. I'm having difficulty making it do what I want it to. But, this is the story of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment