Monday, August 16, 2010

The Vacation That Just Won't Quit

Hopefully by now you've had the opportunity to read about our family's cross country trek. If not, it's possible you've decided I'm just too long winded and didn't want to bother with it. It's cool. I totally understand. However, if you stuck through the vacation post, you should know that vacation just won't quit. Huh? you may ask. Allow me to explain.

Today, we arrived home after my first day back on the job. (Boo.) After retrieving the day's mail, I flipped through the typical credit card applications and church bulletins, to come to a very interesting envelope with a return address of Denver, Colorado. I was intrigued. Even more intriguing is the fact that stamped across the front in big red letters are the words "License Plate Toll Bill." Oh, you have got to be kidding me! While in Denver, trying to locate the dealership, where we spent 4 hours and a small business start up fee, we realized we were on a toll road. We read the sign, accumulated the required money and waited for the booth. We never saw a booth. We never saw a sign for a booth. We just kept driving until we reached the dealership and I realized I still had money tightly clenched in my hand (did I know what was about to come?). Obviously, I forgot about the whole scene since I don't think I even included a mention of it in my original story. Unfortunately, Express Toll of Denver did not forget. And now we owe a grand total of $2.50 to the state of Colorado. With us, it's like the fun never stops!

No comments:

Post a Comment