Monday, December 13, 2010

Prayers are always welcome

I'm sure that we have all said prayers even we didn't personally know the people for whom the prayer is intended. This may be a good moment to do that.

I left my house this morning at 7:05. It was a very cold 5 degrees with a windchill I don't even want to say out loud. My husband was home sick today and was awoken at 7:15 by many, many fire trucks. Our next door neighbors' house was completely engulfed in that short time. There was NO SIGN of a fire when I left 10 minutes before. They were still spraying water on it when I arrived home at 3:30. It is completely gutted. Even though we've lived here for 5 years, we don't know them that well, but that doesn't stop my heart from breaking for them. I can not even imagine such a tragedy, especially smack dab in the middle of the holiday season. So, if you have room in your prayers for a household in a small Missouri town, I'm sure it would be appreciated. Thankfully, everyone made it out safely. That is something to truly be grateful for in the face of disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment