Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow Day...the aftermath

I have always been told that I'm paranoid. You may remember that thought #4 flying through my mind as I crept up the hill in the snow was that I was probably just paranoid, but I was imagining the middle school staff watching me through the commons windows and laughing at my misfortune. It turns out, I'm not paranoid. I just really, really know my co-workers. After having the day off yesterday for snow (I bet you thought I was going to say extreme heat) I returned to work today to be met with a roomful of "So, have any trouble getting home Friday?" while biting their lips to stop smiling and trying stifle their hysterical laughter. That's right. My friends, my teammates, the people I spend more time with than anyone but my husband and son, were in fact, standing at the commons windows Friday, pointing and laughing. But that's ok. I know it was all in good rib jabbing fun. Plus, I'm totally ok with being the resident transplanted southern girl who doesn't understand why any of them would be fine with bus duty on a day with wind chills in the negatives. I think I'll continue to greet children right inside the door, in front of the toasty warm heater and I'll get there by hitching a ride with a snow professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment