Sunday, March 7, 2010

Teachers are people, too

In the interest of my staying employed, I've deleted this post. Not because I was told to, or because I even said anything remotely identifying, but simply because I'm not going to risk it. We were sent an email that our principal received from a principals' association listing all of the things teachers have been suspended or fired for concerning social networking and blogging. Some of the things were pretty serious, others were downright ridiculous. That being said, I don't want to end up on one of those lists. So, even though I thought this was a pretty good post, and had a good message, I'm not willing to jeopardize my career (especially 1 year from tenure!) and my life. But just remember...teachers are people, too.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely understand the situation. Not as a teacher, but as the kid of two teachers who constantly had to deal with this. I remember kids saying they saw my mom at Wal-Mart and couldn't believe it. I was like, "Yeah.... we have to eat." Some people are clueless.

    The good news is I never had to deal with any embarrassing situations as my parents never did anything inappropriate (and by that I am referring to coyote ugly dancing--not having a drink in public). Your son will thank you one day. :)

    ReplyDelete