Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm confused

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly declare my support for the theory that instead of global warming, we are actually heading into an ice age. Here is it May 10th, and the high was 55. Little did I know that the 55 was at 6 a.m. By noon, the weather station at school (a WeatherBug station is on our building) was proclaiming 44 degrees with a windchill of 38. It rained all day long, and not just drizzle. It was raining hard enough for me to hear it in my classroom, which is on the first floor of a two story building. That's impressive rain power. The wind was gusting no less than 800 mph and while walking to the car after school, my umbrella did what I've referred to as "the Mary Poppins" since I was a child. (In case you aren't familiar, "the Mary Poppins" is when an umbrella turns itself inside out. It's what happened to the mean nannies, right before the wind blew in Mary.) I wore a sweater to work today (which I had to get out of summer storage, no less), and was cold even with my heater cranked up. I've been sitting under a fleece blanket for the last hour and I'm still cold. I just broke down and turned on our "fireplace" in the living room. I am not at all ready for the 90 degree summer days, but I'd pretty much gotten it in my head that I was through with winter until next year. I don't adapt well to unexpected change, so this just really isn't going to work for me. Oh well...guess I'll just go make me a cup of hot tea. Iced tea just doesn't have quite the same effect today.

No comments:

Post a Comment