Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Florida

I'm going to need to go to Florida. You may think I just have a desire to sit on a sandy beach with a cocktail in hand and get in some well deserved relaxation. You might be right...except that several years ago my husband and I decided that if we never visited Florida again, it would be ok with us. We're not really beach people, which is why we spent our honeymoon in Boston taking tours of historic revolutionary sites instead of soaking up the rays on some secluded piece of beachfront property somewhere. We visited my cousin in Ft. Lauderdale one spring break, did the beach thing, drove to Orlando and did the Islands of Adventure thing, even took a little sail boat around Miami harbor and did the boating thing. We thought that was plenty. He still thinks it was plenty. Until today, I agreed....

I am a Harry Potter fan. I know, I know, "it's kid's stuff". I've heard it all before. I actually used to be one of *those* people that made fun of the Harry Potter freaks. Until I saw the first two movies, I had no desire to be anywhere near anything with Harry Potter stamped across it. Then I saw the movies and decided they were really pretty good. For a kid's movie. Unfortunately, my love for books got the better of me. I couldn't leave well enough alone and just be content with the movies. I just HAD to read the books. So I immediately went to the library (I was on Christmas break from my junior year of college) and checked out the first 4 books. I read them in 3 days. I was HOOKED! I took the 4 books back and the 5th book was checked out. When I got back to college, I went to the college library. Not only was it checked out, but there was a waiting list! Seriously? Did I not just say this was the college library? And there was a waiting list?? For a KID'S book?!? I couldn't believe it. So I went to Walmart and bought it, because I could handle the suspense no longer. Then I was forced to wait for the release of 6 and 7, which was just about the most painful thing I've ever had to do (and I was in labor for 22 hours, so believe me, I know pain!). The wait was worth it because the books were absolutely amazing and everything I had hoped they would be. (I won't get into the movies right now because I'd like to go to bed sometime tonight...)

Anyway, so I pretty much love Harry Potter. In fact, one of my favorite websites is Mugglenet, which I visit regularly. *nerd alert* I have been following the development of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park and, up until now, didn't really think much about it. Until today, when they announced the rides in the HP portion of the park. They are going to have a ride called Dragon Challenge in which you decide to ride either a Chinese Fireball or a Hungarian Horntail (See Goblet of Fire for further information!). This is all great...except I've ridden this ride! Remember that trip to Florida? Went to Islands of Adventure...yeah great time. This ride is currently the Dueling Dragons ride. It's very fun. The only problem is I rode it when it was Dueling Dragons. At the time, if I had imagined I was riding a Chinese Fireball or a Hungarian Horntail, the entire ride would have been different. So, now I have to go Florida. I'm sure that my dear hubby will not only go to Florida again, but he won't laugh at all when I tell him why.

No comments:

Post a Comment